Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Religious Advice for Tiger Woods

The dictionary defines news as "a report of a recent event; intelligence; information."  That would imply that news, in all of its formats, supplies the reader/viewer/observer with all or some of what is listed.

This blog is dedicated to the blathering idiocy broadcast to us under the guise of news.  People, just because it's on CNN or Fox doesn't mean it's news.  Just because something advertises itself as "fair and balanced" (yeah, another cheap shot at Fox), doesn't mean it is.  And while I am not the first person annoyed enough to start a blog or other conversation about how much bullshit is funneled down our collective throats as news, I hope adding my perspective to the conversation will at least be mildly amusing for you and somewhat cathartic for me.

This is one time when I want your opinion- if you disagree and think something I am bashing is actually news, tell me in the comments. If you find something I should feature, let me know.

People, I give you my first It's Not Effing News post:

We all know the latest about Tiger Woods.  He sexted, he cheated, he's no longer a role model for our impressionable youth, blah, blah. 

Brit Hume, enlightened bastard that he is, found it necessary to espouse his opinion that Tiger Woods convert so he can "make a total recovery" by having the "forgiveness and redemption" offered by Christianity.

Look, I don't give a damn what you discuss in your home or congregation.  But to go onto Fox News Sunday to proselytize is just gross.  Hey Brit, your opinion is not a matter of public interest.  And IT'S NOT EFFING NEWS.

Here's the You Tube Video of Brit Hume's religious advice for Tiger and some pretty funny commentary about it.

Thanks, Brit, for inspiring me to start this blog. And thanks, Daddy-O, for the tip off.  This shit is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment