Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bringin' Up Old Shit: Slow News Day

Introducing a new feature called Bringin' Up Old Shit, wherein I bring up old shit.

Yeah, this article is from March of 2009 so it's ancient history.  But I find it necessary to point out that there are a lot of people who have opinions about what the Obamas plant in their garden.  And are apparently offended by the lack of beets.

Look, I love me some New York Times, but the effing LINK to this "report" (yeah, those are air quotes, get over it) calls it "beet discrimination."

To say that people will get on their high horse about anything is just so obvious, it's boring.  But beets, people?!  NYT, do you have nothing else with which to pad your Health section?  Like, maybe articles and reports about, um, health? THIS IS NOT EFFING NEWS.

"So what?" You say.  "It's not like anyone actually wasted their time on this crap," you muse.

The article garnered 193 comments.

Did I stutter?

From the readers I know well enough to expect nothing more.  NYT, I expect better from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment